Saturday, December 26, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
As a member of CyberStitchers EGA chapter they want you to do outreach projects. One of the outreach project I am doing.
The title of this year project is “Remember the turtle; persistence, not speed, counts; a cure for breast cancer will be found.” The group is http://shanigansbeadshenanigans.com/
So this is mine first turtle I did.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
1) Why do you stitch?
I need to. I need to have something in hand what better than something to stitch.
2) On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being least important and 10 being most important what is your cross stitch passion level?
Doing just “x” low right now if was high at one time but now stitching other things is high.
3) If you're only option for cross stitch supplies and patterns happened to be the major chain craft stores would you just walk away from the little X? Kiss it goodbye?
Not all the way. There is mine stash. There is also beading mostly peyote and some string of beads. There is always Japanese Embroidery for me.
4) Also are you so passionate about cross stitch that if indeed your only option was the major chain craft stores, would that inspire you to create your own cross stitch pieces because you have to stitch and you've stitched your way through the whole of Dimensions catalog--because you must stitch and the thought of life without a relationship with the little X leaves you feeling empty?
I like to many other type of stitching. I would design if I need to.
5) Finally what do the cross stitch magazines on the market offer you? Do they relate to you as a cross stitcher? Do you look at them and think to yourself, who do they think buys this magazine? I guess what I'm asking, when you see the current cross stitch magazines do they make you feel like they know their readers or do you find it's more of the same? What could they do to be ambassadors for the art of cross stitch other than putting a sampler on the cover with "F-U" on it? What are we missing on a PR level that could change the opinion of cross stitch itself?
Only magazine subscription I have Sampler & Antique Needlework I don’t know if I will renew it when it come up again. I alway get Just Cross Stitch ornament one day I might stitch something from the magazine other stitching project get ahead of them. Also I get the EGA and the ANG magazine
6) And finally, finally, do you do other crafts and if so what are they and why do they pull you away from cross stitch?
Beading because you can hold it and feel.
Japanese Embroidery the challenge.
Crochet it easy to take with you.